Hello World!by Lea Rosema
Hello world, this is my new blog, a place to write for me.
- Kudos to Andy Bell and his talk about building excellent websites that just work for everyone.
- CSS and JS as first-class citizens in Eleventy
- All the SEO stuff, this is really great. It was also a bit overwhelming to me as I never really had in-depth touch points with SEO
- Kudos also to the SEO Cheat sheet by 9elements, it helped me a lot getting the basics.
- Using pseudo random numbers in Eleventy where you provide a seed and always get the same sequence of random numbers.
- Reset CSS by Elly loel
- lowering specificity with
- I learned about CSS Layers, making lowering specificity with
:wherenot necessary anymore 😅
- There's this new rust-based lightningcss which can minify, autoprefix according to a browserslist :)
Things left to improveanchor
Automatic accessibility checks. There's a netlify plugin I didn't manage to get working yet.
I didn't get too comfy with Tailwind and using that as design tokens yet.